Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sometimes you just gotta...

Change your point of view.

We have had this one on our desktop for the past few days and I have really gotten a kick out of it. It just throws off your visual senses for a bit.

On another note, I am still working... and that is going pretty well. I am officially an apprentice, so at least I am making steps toward something. The work is hard, but good: we have done some sheeting, roofing and window installation, which is fun for me. The other guys don't seem to be enjoying themselves so well though. In fact, there is so much negativity among the workers that there has been talk about everything from walking off the jobsite to burning the house down and starting again. I don't imagine either will happen, but it has been a bit of a gong show. For example, the whole house is out of square (due to being built upon an existing foundation) and almost four feet too short (according to the plans - which were wrong to begin with, and woefully inadequate at best), and the boss hasn't set foot on the site in 3 months. If I can maintain a good attitude throughout this job, I will be doing pretty well.
-Rod

No comments: