Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mmmmm....Good

Gideon is well over the six-month mark now, and I have really been enjoying this age. He has so many new-found skills - sitting up; babbling; figuring out that his toes are not only fully attached to him, they are also edible; making motorcycle noises with his spit; army crawiling (we are in *such* trouble); laughing, getting up on all fours and rocking; and enjoying noisy toys.
Here is a recent picture of his first intentional attempt at eating "real" food. He has been ready for some time, but I have needed some time to get used to the idea. He did well, all things considered.
Mistake #1 - using a metal spoon, which he jammed nicely down his throat (the softer plastic ones are packed....somewhere)
Mistake #2 - forgetting to put a bib on
Mistake #3 - giving him a bath *before* he started eating
There's always next time. It was just as new an experience for me as it was for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gideon is such a cutie!

heidi said...

Adorable Becs. I love his face in this one. Looks like the bumbo is working well too.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! I thought the fun of eating was getting it all over your face...giggle.