Thursday, March 14, 2013

In a Nutshell

I've gotten a few comments lately about the lack of updating on this blog. The up side of that is that at least I know a few people read this - or they would read it if it had any updates.

So here I am. Life in the last little while has been busy. Not "nutty," just "busy," but to the point that I haven't quite had time to process most of what happens, let alone write about those processed thoughts. I keep thinking it will slow down: "after Christmas life will get back to normal." "After our car gets back on the road." "After the colds go away." After....after.... I am beginning to get the inkling that this *is* life.
There are lots of things that I would like to write about. Some(but not all) I would like to give their own post to, but I am not sure when that will happen, and in the meantime, I might forget.
And so, in a nutshell:

Rod has been "on sabbatical" (laid off) for a few months this winter. It isn't as bad as it sounds in that it wasn't a surprise, and we even had a bit of a say in the whole process. (His boss is very good to us.) It has been a very different time than we both had in mind - in some ways good and in some ways not. God has provided another job for him; it was supposed to be a few weeks, but keeps expanding, so we are thankful for that.

Rod, ever the talented craftsman, has made us a *beautiful* set of stairs. They are safe, too, which is even better. N fell from top to bottom on our other ones (she was surprisingly okay) but it did put "build a new set of stairs" quite a bit higher on our priority list.

We just got back from visiting our very, very dear friends in the booming metropolis of Wingham. It was good for the soul - so encouraging to be in their home and in their company. We brought our kids (I wish I could say they behaved), which meant that there were seven kids five and under. It was wonderful - especially in the evenings when the kids were in bed.

G just learned to ride a two-wheeler bike this past weekend. He did amazingly well! Rod took him out, and within less than an hour he came home and could ride. He has literally asked to go out every day since then.

N is toilet trained!! Three cheers! She also did amazingly well, and picked it up quickly. Not quite 45 minutes quickly, but...

I has popped two teeth, and can sit on his own. He turned six months old this month, and somehow, that makes him much not a "baby" anymore.

I would like to put something interesting about myself here....but I've got nothing. Consider yourself updated.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Woohoo! I found your blog again! It's on the computer, but I always forget to get it when I have it out. Life is good here with 3 kids, much "easier" than with two, as strange as that seems. We took the kids to Veggietales live two weeks ago, and they loved it! Even little Shauna enjoyed it, she was so busy looking around, she didn't need to eat for quite awhile! Keep up your blog posts, it's nice to hear how you guys are doing! Wow, in Wingham, that was so close! But I totally understand, when you go somewhere now with three kids, you just focus on one destination. Take care!