N is 2 1/2. She is *very* 2 1/2.
If you ask her - and often, even if you don't - she will tell you that she is a big girl. She sleeps in a big girl bed. She doesn't need a soother. She wears nunners, not diapers. She doesn't need a potty anymore - nope, a big toilet is what suits her. She doesn't even need a potty seat on the toilet. And she can put herself on the toilet, thankyouverymuch. And me hold her? No, thank you. Unnecessary mothering.
Recently, we were coming back from visiting our parents for the weekend, and from the back came "I have to go poop." We have a little system rigged up which allows her to pee on the side of the road....but #2 is a different story. So we obliged and pulled into the nearest Tim Horton's.
I took her in, and she wriggled her way onto the seat. "Don't fall in!" I told her. (It's our running joke.)
"Nooo." she said. Silly Mummy.
After a short time, the deed was done. And then.... I can't even say what happened except that it ended in a look of shock on her face.
She had fallen in.
It was a full-of-yuck toilet. A public toilet. She was wearing the last of her clean clothes.
What else could I do? I laughed.
(What germs?)
1 comment:
The joys of being a mom. Can't help but laugh myself.
Cassandra
Post a Comment