Time carries on, apparently, with or without me.
I have been still working one day a week at the Christian school, and learning lots. I do love being a part of it and part of such an encouraging and supportive staff. The public school board also got hold of me (apparently I had the wrong phone number on file - oops), and so I have been adding some days of supplying with the public board on top of that. It has made our days - and particularly the evenings - a bit more full. We are very much in the "let's see what this looks like for us" stage. We are not sure if the extra work is or is not too busy for us; we are trying to use our discernment in that.
We have settled into (somewhat) of a routine with regards to G in school; it adds another dimension to life, but it is now the "new normal." He really does enjoy school and is thriving in it. He is learning lots of words, and is figuring out this thing called 'reading' - albeit on a rudimentary scale. It's pretty exciting to watch. His teacher is a beautiful woman who sees and cares for his heart. What a gift it has been to watch him grow and learn and develop in such a healthy place.
N continues to be a spunky, fun, caring three year old. In many ways she reminds me a lot of myself when I was her age; that in itself has elements of 'charming' and 'more-than-frustrating.' She is what my mother used to call me: a rut-tut-tut. That's code for 'slowpoke.' We are working on her listening as well as the tone of voice she uses (there seems to be an awful lot of whine in it). But, she has a very soft heart, and one that likes to please and likes to care for others. She will spend hours playing at cooking, shopping, and caring for her babies.
"I" has really grown up and changed in the last little while. Maybe it's the walking? or the four teeth coming in at once? or that he is starting to have a lot more of an opinion and a personality? He is still a very laid-back personality, and has a lot of smiles, but even the smiles are not nearly the sure-thing that they used to be. He is still very easy to care for and enjoy.
It is probably a good thing that he is so "easy" and starting to grow up a little. His status as baby of the family is about to be usurped.

This was taken almost a month ago, at just over 18 weeks; I think I am at 22 or 23 weeks now. We are due in mid/late April. So far, all is well.
(Apologies to those who don't like the 3-D images; it was actually the only kind they gave us this time.)
3 comments:
Thanks for the update! Hard to believe you will soon be a family of six. I feel like I was just at your wedding not so long ago. I share your feeling about the swift passage of time.
Congratulations Rod & Bec! Very exciting!
When I read about your N, I feel like I could be reading about my K. Someday we will have to get these two together! And our #1 boys! Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!
Wow!! Congratulations on #4. So wonderful. And can't believe how fast your other littles are growing.
Hilary and Josh
Post a Comment