Sunday, July 29, 2007

Room at the Inn

Less than a kilometre up the road from Rod’s parents is a place known within his family as “the Castle” or “the Inn.” It is a spa where the elite go, considered to be the best in Ontario and one of the top ten in Canada. After hearing that a weekend getaway costs the guests approximately $2000, I have, for the most part, been content to drive by and wonder how the other half must live.
We have an insider (aka Katie) who works for the Inn, and with this job she gets certain privileges. One of said priveliges is that if a room is not booked by 4 pm, she may book it for herself for a fraction of the cost. By a fraction I mean $50. And so, wonderful insider that she is, Katie booked us a room in the “superior suites” at the Inn. It was a wonderful getaway, and the next day I got a complete tour of the facilites … now I know how the other half lives.

















In other "steal of a deal" news ...

-Lindor chocolates were on sale for 99 cents, regularly $6.50. We bought four bags.

-We saw an ironing board at a garage sale yesterday. I highly dislike ironing, but it is a necessary evil, and an ironing board is a necessary part of the necessary evil. It looked decent, worked well, and they wanted $5 for it. We chatted for a few minutes, played some Dutch bingo, and then they gave it it to us for $3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bec, you always make me smile with your blogs... i can't believe it's been so long since I last checked! I especially liked your "Green Thumb" post - I laughed... a lot :). That's cool about the inn! Was it nice?? How's Kingston?? miss you!!! love Rach.

Anonymous said...

Rach S that is... if there was any confusion :)