Tuesday, December 04, 2007

All in a Day's Work

I’m not sure if three posts in a row about school is acceptable or not, but, since it’s where I spend most of my days, it’s what I get to write about.
Here is a biopsy of my day today:
-A former student (grade 5/6) told me that someone in the class “thought I was hot”
-After reading “The Christmas Story” (which I was surprised I could even do), I was asked “But what does Jesus have to do with Christmas??”
-Zipped up about a dozen snow pants and jackets
-Listened to sounds of “Ewwww, gross!” when scenes of kissing came on for “Romeo and Juliet,” and subsequently distributed the parts – a grade 2 version, where they die of a broken heart, not poison or suicide
-Was asked if God existed
-Was sworn at with more swear words in one sentence than… (I can’t make a comparison)
-Was hugged and cheered on by students when I entered a room
-Made the sore “all better” by putting on a band-aid
-Refereed intramural dodgeball during my lunch break
-Explained what a piston was

2 comments:

Kate said...

awww
you can teach my kids any day :)

last year i was teaching about the egyptians in art history. and i said something about the egyptians believing in life after death. and one of the students asked me, "but miss, what do YOU believe?"

here i say i'm christian and they're like, "what? i thought you were muslim, too." hehe.

Jen Weening said...

Keep the school stories coming! I love them!!
Jen
PS - Miss you guys!