Being in a grade 2 class has a few perks, one of which is the fact that at that age, it's okay to like the teacher. I have already received several pictures from one of the students: one is of me, wearing a cape of sorts and pointy ears (I look suspiciously like a cat) in front of a treasure map. I asked, and yes, I am going to find the treasure. Today I received one of a few very pretty flowers.
I received one from one of the boys today as well - it was less to do with flowers and pretty things and drawing in general as it was a math sheet. On his own accord (and completely out of character), he sat down and wrote out some high level addition facts and presented it to me.
It's on my fridge.
1 comment:
second graders are fun. I did a whole year with them last year. my favourite times (other than the crappy kids artwork - google it, ignore the swear words and lauGH a a lot) were when I was grumpy. One time they were driving me INSANE (just a note - this class put their previous teacher in the hospital with a nervous breakdown) anyways, they were insane and I stood up and said:
"All right grade two, that is enough! i am getting very frustrated!"
half a dozen hands went up, and when called on, these were their comments.
"i like your hair today Miss. G"
'you are wearing a pretty shirt today"
"You are the best teacher EVER Miss. G"
"you are really pretty Miss. G"
Seriously Bec, how can you stay grumpy after that???
Post a Comment