Tuesday, February 09, 2010

It's All in the Name

It has been consistently busy in my occassional teacher realm. I have many stories to tell, but sadly I'm not sure if I will have the time to tell them all. Today I taught a grade 1 class; in this particular class the teacher had placed the students into "tribes." They were new groupings, and so one of the instructions the teacher left for me was to allow time for them to create flags and tribe names.
These are the names that the students came up with:
"The Brothers" (Rather appropriate, I thought, for a group of boys.)
"The Good Job Group"
"The Hearts of Lollipops"
"The Love Skeleton Riders"
"Backagon Battles Hydronoid and Dragonoid."
Lest you think the younger generation is lacking creativity...there is hope. Of sorts.

1 comment:

Kate said...

In Grade 1!!! That is hilarious! Oh, that gives me hope. Kids are cute. I can only imagine the personalities in that group... ;)