As a mom, as a teacher, and as a friend of other moms and teachers, I find myself saying and hearing quotations that that no person in their right mind would say or hear. And so, in honour of celebrating the quirky; of laughing instead of crying; of making light of the oft-times difficult, frustrating or tedious tasks in a day, I thought I would start an ongoing series of "quotables."
(I have "unofficially" been doing this already, I suppose, by titling the quotations individually and adding the "quotable" label at the bottom...but this time it's official.)
Me to a grade 1 student: "Stop using your fingers to drink your chocolate milk!"
(Sadly, I was a little late, as it was already all over his hands, his arms, his face, his neck, his shirt and shirt sleeves)
And the other week, at a friend's house for dinner:
Not wanting to overstep my bounds as a visitor, but seeing some questionable behaviour: "Do you let your boy chew on plugs and cords?"
"Tables are not for eating."
1 comment:
you crack me up!
Post a Comment