It has been a wonderful and a busy last few weeks. I am so thankful to have had Rod home for the first week of Naomi’s life as I did my best to rest and recuperate. We were much spoiled by my mom, who took a week off as well and first took G for a few days to “Opa and Oma’s,” and then delivered him back to our house. She stayed on for a few wonderful days of bliss – I was waited on (hand and foot), meals were made, my house was cleaned, and I was told, more often than not, to “get to bed, young lady,” which I did with very little arguing. Thank you, Mom.
Today was my first day “flying solo” with the little ones. Apparently I now have *two* children that require my care and attention. And, here I am, the day is drawing to a close, and I am alive and so are they. That makes it a success in my books. And, if you will allow me a brief moment of bragging, I even managed to do a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher, have a shower, sweep the floors, and have some people over. Good job, me. Between having a new baby, toilet training, little sleep, and establishing and re-establishing G’s routines, it is, to be sure, a time of transition for all of us. However, all things considered, it was a good day and in a little while it will become the new normal.
Tomorrow is round two.
3 comments:
Good job! Give yourself time to figure it all out! You are a natural mom and a really good one to boot! Lots of love and more pictures please!
Glad to hear things are going well! Kids make life busy but it's a good busy, and a very blessed busy!!
Aw, your mom has a heart of gold! And yes, good job, you :) It sure is an adjustment to two kids, but it does get easier after the first couple weeks. Lucky you that your hair is naturally curly; mine looks "awful" if I don't straighten it, and that didn't happen much the first year, lol!
Post a Comment