Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pop Quiz

Imagine you are a 1 litre jug of pure maple syrup.

Question 1:
A two-year old decides to carry you to the kitchen. Would you:
a) stay in his hands until you were carried - no matter how gently or un-gently - to the counter or fridge.
b) drop. Dramatically.

Question 2:
Suppose you chose b) to the previous question. Would you:
a) make a large puddle on the floor.
b) make lots of small puddles on the floor.
c) go on the chairs and table.
d) splatter on the wall...all the way to the top of the door jam.
e) all of the above.

Question 3:
Suppose you chose e) to the previous question. Would you do this:
a) In the morning, so there would be lots of time in the day to clean up
b) In the afternoon, so there would be lots of time to clean up
c) Five minutes before company came, when there was still a table to clear, dishes to wash, an infant to feed, and afore-mentioned two-year old to put on the toilet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have had great fun cleaning up that sticky mess!! I don't envy you. And where was the lid?? Mom

ABCSteed said...

I feel your pain.

Also, I wanted to let you know that your sticker story about G (a few posts back) happened with our little man...
Only after I said "no, the sticker does not go on your penis" did I remember your story, and then I had a good laugh. Maybe it's a common 2-year-old thing.

I hope your walls and floor and table and chairs have recovered...

Unknown said...

Oh boy... my kids haven't managed to make that bad of a mess yet (but my dear hubby has actually - he managed to get honey ALL over the kitchen once, a combination of a hot honey pot and an electric mixer). I hope your company was late! :D I'm sure you had a good laugh about it with them!

Karen said...

Oh dear! Something to laugh about later, I guess :) Too bad it was the real maple syrup.

Samantha said...

Coming from a home where we make maple syrup and know exactly how sticky it is AND how precious it is I laughed and cried at this story! I hope it didn't take too long to clean up the mess.