Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rest

Little Isaac is now a week old. He and we are doing well.
Rod was able to take the first week off, and we had some time as a family. I will say that I am not sure how I could have managed without my husband around. G and N were complete pendulums. They were sweet, kind, and gentle with Isaac and quite honestly as perfect as little kids could be. In a matter of seconds they were pushing every button in the books, and we wondered whose rotten kids were they?! Certainly not ours.
Needless to say, it was a busy, sleepless, and tiring week.
And then....came this week. My parents had planned to take G and N for the week to give me (and Rod) some quality time and some rest time with our newest member. It has only been a few days, and already what a difference it makes. There is a hush on our house that I haven't heard in a long time. I miss them, but not quite enough to want them back *quite* yet :)

1 comment:

ABCSteed said...

It was so nice to see you and Rod and to meet little Isaac!
I'm glad you're getting some rest, and I hope it continues when you do get your older ones back.
Prayers and hugs from Grafton!