
I love how worn and dirty it is - has a lot of "character". It reminds me of an artist that I studied in University, Jean-Michel Basquiat. His work was very raw and unrefined (some might say childish), not your average classical piece, and yet there was a certain quality and skill to it. Anyways, I guess artists get their inspiration from many different places, unfortunately his was from heroine.
Here's the original shot for comparison:
-Rod
4 comments:
What do you mean there's nothing to write about that's interesting in Japan!?!!! YOu can always write about me! :)
Ah Kenny, that is true... you are very nearly the most interesting person in Japan :) Except for maybe the guy who wanders around Himeji dressed as Pooh Bear... he is up there. Anyways, I bet he doesn't go to North Korea for vacation.
ha, I bet not! I miss you guys again already! hey, how's the weather your way? we're so muggy and sticky here.
Interesting lines and great texture in that picture.
Post a Comment