Monday, August 09, 2010

An Update of Odds 'n' Ends

This week:
-is the three-quarter mark of the pregnancy.
-our fridge and freezer stopped working. Needless to say, an annoyance in this sort of weather, and a further annoyance on a day when I was hosting a shower.
In the end, we didn't need to throw away too much food, which my Dutch sensibilities appreciated.
-I went in to G's room late one night to calm him, and went to smoothe his hair down. I instead got his under-arm. Apparently he's grown without me noticing.
-we bought a mini-van. Yup, we are becoming one of "those" families.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow -buying a mini-van is only a few degrees of separation from becoming a soccer mom! Three-quarters of the way is a significant milestone. I am glad things are well, other than the freezer/fridge incident. Your dad informed me of his prediction of the sex of your baby... I am glad you are leaving it a surprise, but I would love for you to have a girl... she would be so incredibly cute!

Anonymous said...

yeah for minivans!!! once you have it, you don't know how you could have gone without it!

Alicia

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your fridge stopped working...but I think you got your money's worth out of it, if I remember correctly!

We're looking forward to meeting this newest grandchild!
"Grandma Nettie"