Thursday, April 21, 2011

Clean-Up In Aisle Three, Please

Grocery shopping...such fun when there are children in tow.
Fruits and veggies - check
Sandwich meat - check
Chicken - check and on sale, hooray
Polysporin (because you never know)....
I had just wheeled the cart into the "first aid" aisle, with G holding on to the front. Thankfully, it was only a few feet in (just past the [*ahem*] contraceptives) so I didn't have far to look. I selected my Polysporin, and rather than go aaaaalll the way down the aisle, I decided to do a 180 turn and head back to the main thorough-way. Good idea, except that the cart plus G plus G's outstretched out hand was greater than the width of the aisle. And, sure enough, I heard the sound of many small, heavy falling items as he swept his hand oh-so-gracefully across the shelf.
'Wouldn't it be awful if....'
Yup....of all the things to have knocked over, it was .... can I say it? ... the [*gulp*] lubricants.
"Mummy, what is it?" asked his innocent voice.
"Uhhhhh.....oil," was the best I could answer as we (I) tidied up the 'his and hers,' the 'watermelon flavour,' the 'light' edition, the 'promise of intensity.'
Polysporin - check. And a whole lot more than I bargained for.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

LOVE IT Rebecca!!! A good laugh had here on my part!!! Kinda wish I was there to see it all...

But my thoughts are with you as you had to endure all that :)

Unknown said...

Haha!! I got a good laugh out of your story... you must have been pretty red-faced! :D Gotta love kids eh?

Samantha said...

I laughed out loud at this one and shared the story (minus names) with a few of my co-workers. Oh the joys of little hands.