Wednesday, August 28, 2013

September Blues

In less than a week, school will start. Quite honestly I have never felt the new school year as keenly as I have this year.
G will start full time kindergarten. He is ready - both socially and academically. I am very excited about where he will go to school and about the teacher he gets to have. I could not ask for better for either. Even so, I am having a hard time with it. I really enjoy having him at home, and I am especially grateful for the privilege of being one of the primary influences on his life. It is a high calling.
Coupled with this is that I will be going back to work this September. My three years of maternity leave have come to an end. The hopeful plan is to work one day a week at the Christian school, and several other days a week on the public board as a supply. I have some parameters in place - for my own wellness and especially the wellness of my family. Hence the "hopeful" plan. Even so, it is another change, and one that I am still not certain about. Working on the board was exhausting with just one child. I now have three kids to get out the door, drop off at daycare and school, and then get myself to work - calm, cool, and professional. We'll see.
I'm sure there are all sorts of encouraging things I can tell myself. "It'll be fine." "I'll figure it out." "I'll love having one less child at home." Etc. But for now, here is where I am.

No comments: