Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tremor

I felt my first earthquake today, apparently it was a big one, but it was so far away from us that it didn't do much more than gently rock us. I was going to wake Bec up so that she would notice it, but I looked at the clock and it was 5 am... so I decided it was best to let her sleep. Anyways, I was pretty asleep as it was, and I wasn't entirely sure it wasn't a dream until I read the article on CNN.com. It felt a lot different than I expected. Instead of shaking, it felt more like a rocking - like someone was rocking our bed back in forth like a giant baby crib. No wonder Bec slept so well through it!
-Rod

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man! I missed another one!! I never seem to feel these guys. Though, funny thing, my school is under construction now, and will be till like October or something like that, cuz apparently the strutural integrity of it is poo, and if there was an earthquake up here, we'd lose a lot of kids...and some teachers.