Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Celebrating .... Life

This is my boy. I am very proud of him and I love him very much.


He has personality-plus. Somedays, I'm not sure where he gets it all from: I am pretty sure he has more than Rod and I combined, and then multiplied to the power of itself, or something mathematical like that.


He likes to stand on our couch and watch the trucks and/or cars go by. He also likes playing "peek a boo" with the sheers....As if we can't see him. He tends to think he is hilarious.


Over the last few months, he has learned to tell us that he has gone "booo." We are trying to help him put it in the proper place. So far, no success. But he looks darn cute sitting there, we think.


He tends to get into many things:
Suitcases


Pots and pans


Dishwashers, onions and sometimes toys

(And many other things, such as chocolate, flour, chocolate: feel free to peruse the blog for previous posts at your leisure.)

Like his parents, he is not-so-stylish.


The problem is, also like his parents, he just doesn't know it.


Often, if we are lucky, he slows down enough to read some good books. He loves all things puppy. Except when they get too close to him and are the "real" variety. He knows what puppies, kitties, lions, tigers, birds, monkies, snakes, cows, pigs, and crabs say.


We think that he is swell, and today I choose to celebrate who he is and his life!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I always like seeing parents who love the idiosyncracies of their kids. What a special little boy G is! This age (between 1-2) is SO much fun, and I am enjoying it with J as well. As for where G gets his personality, well, I seem to remember a very cute, precocious three-year-old also with red hair, back when I was about six.....

Beverley Preater said...

Bec and Rod,
This may well be my FAVORITE blog post of all time:). It made me laugh in between homework assignments... a MUCH appreciated diversion.
Gideon is getting so big and beautiful. I look forward to seeing him (and YOU) again in the near future. Maybe Easter?
HUGS.
- Beverley

Unknown said...

Very cute pictures! Kids can be hilarious sometimes...
Out of curiousity, what does a crab say? :D

Rod and Bec said...

Thanks, all :) I'm glad you liked it.
Rachel, a crab says [...] (put pointer finger and thumb together and away a few times). Rod taught him that.